Friday, March 25, 2011

My two beautiful nieces are here to spend the night with me and kiddo. They are 5 and 3 and theeee most adorable little bugs ever. The littlest is allergic to gluten and knows EACH and EVERY single thing she cannot eat.....at 3! I am amazed. She just informed me that Cheerios are "not on my diet, ever!" Oh, excuse me Miss Thing.  I must admit, she devoured that cornbread I made to accompany the chili. Now I'm frantically searching the internet for gluten products making sure I didn't just feed her what I was explicitly told not to. What if she breaks out in some horrifying rash or worse, God forbid, stops breathing on account of me and my utter scorn at us obnoxious gluten-fearing Westerners. I guess I thought, somehow, that smothering the bread with organic honey would cancel out the evil of the gluten. No go? Well, only time will tell. It's been 1 hour since dinner. I am watching her like a hawk. Should I call her mother?

1 comment: